Honoring the Past. Creating New Traditions.
The Ao Dai Festival, a multi-dimensional experience celebrating Vietnamese art and culture returns to downtown San Jose, on Sunday, Oct 7, 2023. Dancers and stilt walkers dressed in long flowing Ao Dai and scores of musicians and drummers ignite the festivities in a spectacular pre-show outdoor ceremony set against a tapestry of colored flags and silk banners.
The evening Fashion Show will present over 5 Ao-Dai designers and their exclusive collections. Their ao-dai will be created based on the theme of birds and a retelling modern version of “The Story of Tam and Cam”. There will be a mix of traditional, elaborate and modern ao-dai gowns. Some of these stunning Ao-Dai’s may be available for purchase.
Event sponsorship also available. Read more about the history of the Ao Dai and its significance relative to the Vietnamese culture. San Jose City Hall Rotunda, 200 E Santa Clara St, San Jose CA.
Ao Dai Festival Outdoor Event
(Free to the public)
- Festival Ceremony
- Featuring dozens of Ao Dai models, horn players and drummers
- Dragon Dance Troupe
- Ao Dai stilt walkers
(for ticket holders only)
- Cocktail Reception: gourmet wine, hors d’oeuvres, and meeting all of the artists/designers
- Ao Dai Designer’s Walk
- Indoor Show featuring fashion show, sit-down dinner, dance and music
- Exquisite Ao Dai International Designers dazzle with exquisite creations from traditional to modern.
- Opportunity to buy designer Ao-Dai exclusively made for this year’s Ao Dai Festival.
- For VIPs, receive cool exlusive swag bags and goodies
- Humanitarian Awards
- Ao Dai Fashion Awards, and more!